10 Things You Didn’t Know About Sindi Dlathu most known for Thandaza in Muvhango
Here is a snippet of things you didn’t know about her:
1. Sindi was born in Soweto in January 4, 1974. She is currently 42.
2. She was an early achiever and won at a national miming competition at age 11.
3. When Sindi was 14 years old, she was cast as the lead role’s understudy in the stage version of Sarafina!.
4. She has worked alongside Whoopi Goldberg in Sarafina!. She was also in the FNB Vita Award winning Game in 2003 for Best Actress.
5. She has sung backing vocals for Billy Ocean and Randy Crawford.
6. Sindi has performed with Mary Twala, Abigail Kubheka, and Nomhle Nkonyeni in Duma Ka Ndlovu’s award winning stage play The Game.
7.She has a reputation for not caring much for the fame and popularity that comes with her profession. Many a people who have met her marvel at how humble she is.
8. Sindi has such a crazy work ethic that sometimes she actually breaks down from exhaustion. Last January marks the third time she has been given bed rest after collapsing at work reportedly due to fatigue.(Read about that here http://imzansi.com/muvhangos-thandaza-sick-again/)
9. Sindi is married and has two kids but she keeps a very tight lid on her family and private family.Up to now, her children and husband have never been written about in the media. She makes sure of that.
10. She is held in high regards and is much adored by the founding producer of Muvhango, Duma ka Ndlovu which she has starred in since its inception in 1997. Word is that she is irreplaceable and when she falls sick or needs a break, everything has to stop and the script has to be adjusted.