Dinner At Somizi’s Season 2 Hangs In The Balance As Hastings Hands MultiChoice An Ultimatum

Dinner At Somizi’s Season 2 Hangs In The Balance As Hastings Hands MultiChoice An Ultimatum

Dinner At Somizi’s Season 2 Hangs In The Balance As Hastings Hands MultiChoice An Ultimatum

Media personality, Somizi Mhlongo-Motaung’s hit television series, Dinner at Somizi’s  Season 2 is currently hanging in the balance as Hastings Moeng continues to pursue ‘justice’.

Last month, Moeng accused Somizi of stealing his concept after he had pitched it to him for the television show which he had termed “Dinner Kwa Somizi” in an email on 28 July 2014 but nothing materialized at the time. However, Moeng is said to have been shocked to see the show airing this year without any further input from him.

The second season of the hit cooking show may be delayed as Hastings Moeng is refusing to back down from his allegations he has since engaged the services of Marweshe Attorneys Incorporated to pursue the matter.

According to the Sowetan, the lawyers have served Somizi, his producer Legend Manqele and MultiChoice with separate letters of demand, which threaten the show’s second season. The letters were sent on Friday after meetings between Moeng’s lawyers, MultiChoice and Manqele failed to produce fruitful results.

Moeng demands that MultiChoice should disclose how much it paid Somizi and Manqele for the first season of the cooking show, Dinner At Somizi’s. He wants a share of the proceeds as well as acknowledgment of his contribution to the making of the show.

Part of the letter sent to MultiChoice reads,

“Your client, MultiChoice, is requested to disclose, in good faith, if any agreements concluded pertaining to the cooking-talk show or is aiming to enter into any agreement thereof, and if our client will be included.

“MultiChoice is further requested, in good faith, to disclose the agreement entered into between the channel, Somizi and Legend, including the amount that had been paid to Somizi and Legend pertaining to season one,”

The three parties have until Tuesday to provide Moeng with the requisite information. Somizi did not comment on the latest developments. Manqele on the other hand says he is ready to defend himself in court as he still insisted that Hastings did not come up with the concept for Dinner at Somizi’s.

You May Also Want To Read:

Somizi Accused Of Stealing The Concept For Dinner At Somizi’s

Monique Muller Drops Another Bombshell On Katlego Maboe

Two Brothers Fight Over John Vuli Gate Song Ownership

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*