Hope Zinde’s son appear in court charged with her murder

AS CONDOLENCES continue to pour in for murdered SABC news anchor Hope Zinde (50), her son will be appearing in court today on a murder charge.

North West police spokesman Colonel Sabata Mokgwabone said the 28-year-old was charged after being taken in for questioning.

Hope’s body was found by the police in the boot of her Range Rover at her home on Pecanwood Estate, at Hartbeespoort Dam in the North West, on Saturday afternoon.

It’s believed she was beaten to death with an object last Monday in her bathroom before being dragged to the car.

Police were called to the house after Hope’s son allegedly refused to open the door when a desperate family friend, who had been trying to get hold of her since Wednesday, visited.

When the police arrived they found a bloody 10kg object in the bathroom and a large amount of drugs.

Blood marks led from the bathroom to the garage.

  • At the time of her death, Hope was a newly elected member of the Limpopo University council.

Chairman of the council Pandelani Nefolovhodwe described her as a fearless woman who worried about corruption in the country.

  • EFF spokesman Mbuyiseni Ndlozi said Hope was an important voice in the media.

“She served on the SABC Board and was a fierce critic of everyone who sought to abuse the SABC.

“She spoke her mind and often spoke truth to power,” he said.

Speaking on behalf of the DA, Phumzile van Damme said: “Our country has lost a passionate, fearless and dedicated broadcaster and an advocate for a truly independent SABC.”

The ANC said Hope was known for her passion and her role in mentoring young journalists.

“The South African communications sector has lost a committed professional,” said Khusela Sangoni.

!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*