The SABC have refused to be drawn into commenting on the suspension of Tbo Touch only saying that the matter is currently being investigated and discussed internally.
Talking to TMG Entertainment on Wednesday‚ SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago said that the station could not confirm when the DJ would return to air and refused to comment on the speculation surrounding his suspension.
“We cannot discuss the suspension. It is a matter between him (Tbo Touch) and management. All the speculation about his dismissal will come to nothing because this is a personal matter between him and his boss‚” Kganyago said.
“He will return to air once the matter has been finalised and resolved. It is an ongoing discussion that also requires problem solving and these discussions have to be handled internally and not on a public platform.”
When asked if Tbo Touch’s conduct might eventually end in his dismissal‚ Kganyago said that each case was different but that talks between the DJ and the station were progressing.
“Each case has to be handled differently. There is no general rule for suspensions or dismissals but we can’t simply treat him differently because he is seen to be famous. We do not know what will happen.”
Kganyago’s comments come after weekend reports claimed that the SABC had suspended the Metro FM afternoon drive time host for costing the broadcaster R15 million in advertising‚ after he apparently refused to air advertisements for car manufacturer Hyundai. It was also alleged that Tbo had been in a physical altercation with one of his producers.
The DJ was suspended early last year for apparently failing to adhere to the rules of the station. This after several reports claimed that he had promoted his personal business ventures on air.
Source : Online