South Africa is full of colour and quirks, and it can be overwhelmingly confusing for foreigners at times.
But we love our little in jokes and we love to celebrate our South Africanisms, especially if we confuse the rest of the world by doing so.
Here are the things that you just won’t get if you’re not from South Africa…
1. Zoo biscuits with unrecognisable animals
Is it a goat, is it a hasty rabbit? No, it’s a springbok!
Only few have the talent to decipher zoo biscuits. The rest of just see naughty-shaped smudges.
2. The sheer joy of a Spur birthday
And don’t forget those cardboard red indian chief headdresses that we so proudly put on our heads…
3. The pain of a devil thorn in your foot
These things literally are the devil.
4. The orange residue of NikNaks on our fingers
(And happiness in our hearts.)
5. Wearing these bad boys
6. The concept of bringing and braaing
There are roles, rules and regulations. Like not stepping on the designated braai master’s toes.
7. Getting chappies, instead of change, from tellers
8. The true meaning of ‘slap’ in front of chips
Source : Online