Senzo Meyiwa’s Alleged Killers Remanded In Custody

Senzo Meyiwa’s Alleged Killers Remanded In Custody

Senzo Meyiwa’s Alleged Killers Remanded In Custody 

Muzikawulahlelwa S’tembu Sibiya, Bongani Sandiso Ntanzi, Mthobisi Prince Mncube, Mthokosizeni Ziphozonke Maphisa and Sifikuhle Nkani Ntuli appeared in the Boksburg magistrate’s court on Tuesday in connection with the murder of former Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa in 2014.
They are facing allegations of murder, attempted murder, robbery with aggravated circumstances, and unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition.

All the accused, with the exception of Ntanzi, did not have legal representation.

Speaking before the magistrate today, accused No. 4 further told the court that he did not need any bail. He accused the prosecutor of foul play.

According to the accused number 4, the prosecutor in the case was “was playing some thuggery” and had no case at hand, hence “it was a waste of time to ask for bail”

He further revealed that most of the accused in the case had been in jail since 2014 – a time at which the crime was committed.

Watch a snippet of Senzo Meyiwa’s murder case proceedings on Tuesday;

Mzansi had almost seen a breakthrough in Senzo Meyiwa’s murder case, six years after the inexplicable death of the Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates goalie.

Prosecutor George Baloyi said the state alleges the men robbed Kelly Khumalo of her cellphone on the day of Meyiwa’s murder. Baloyi said on October 26 2014, two men burst into the house in Vosloorus carrying a firearm and a knife.

You May Also Want To Read:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*