Zahara’s Reality TV Show In Jeopardy: Here Is Why SABC Threatened To Cut It Off
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) gave songstress Zahara a stern warning that they will pull the plug on her reality show if she does not change her behaviour.
In August, Zahara revealed to Drum Magazine that she is letting the public into her home and her private life and telling her story through a reality show that she is working on.
Two months into the shooting of the reality show, the production company creating the show and SABC are grumbling over the talented singer and threatening to cut it off.
The show’s shooting is nearing its end, and Zahara is now cooperative after SABC warned her.
City Press reports that she allegedly shows diva tendencies, sometimes failing to pitch for shoots. The shooting of the reality show has been burdensome as the production team, and Zahara fought over many things, sources revealed.
Last week, Zahara missed a shoot; the production company had had enough and reported her to SABC. The sources said:
“They had to call a meeting with the SABC on Wednesday [19 October] after she missed a shoot and asked the producers to come to her at a different location. She said she was visiting some guy in Katlehong, and the film crew should follow her there if they wanted to film that day.
“It wasn’t the first time. About two weeks ago, she missed a flight back to Johannesburg because she’d had a quarrel with a member of her management team at the East London airport after we’d gone to her home to film her with her family.
“She did [behave herself] for the time being. She’s been filming properly and is expected to wrap everything up this week. The show depends on her cleaning her act up, and it’s sad that she doesn’t seem to understand her own brand and acts out of character. It isn’t good.”